Monday, November 06, 2006

food for thought - part 1

Just want to blog about something which I noticed while on trip in China. The road condition in Guangzhou is chaotic. Really chaotic. However, I didn't witness any accidents at all. Not that I want to witness one... but I don't believe I can drive there with this kind of road condition. Our road system here is consider damn safe, but during heavy traffic condition, when the cars are crawling... there's still some jokers who like to kiss the front car's backside. So...this lead me to think further...

As chaotic as the environment can be, the people there are very very alert and agile. This could be one of the reason, why the Chinese people there are doing well in terms of business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good observation!
Now you know why scholars infested places like Temasek holdings and GICs always screwed up (with tax payer's money may I add)?
how many sound investments have they made overseas? 苏州?Optus? Shin Corp?

They are like what you said... too comfy liao. like goldfishes in a nice fishbowl put them into the sea they cannot survive.

It is the same system, so Singaporeans largely resembles them. All conditioned to obey rules and take the conservative way.