Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 2 w/o maid

It is now 2159hrs and I have done the laundry. It's an improvement but I used the good old washing machine this time.


I picked up my courage to phone a number which Renna left with us when she's leaving.

Me: "Er.. Hello, can I speak to Rennalyn please? Is she back home?"

A voice: " Sir?... It's me, Renna"

Me: " Hi Renna, you are back home? Is everything alright?"

Renna: " Sir, the air ticket you bought for me wrong. Didn't go to Manila."

Me: "What?! It says Manila what..."

But apparently, it is not in the Manila that she wants to go.

Renna: " I have to take a taxi to Manila - 1500 peso"

Me: " And then you have to take that 24hrs bus that cost you 3000 peso... wah! you have enough money or not?"

Renna:" Sir, I take out the Ang Bao which you gave me at the airport to change. Enough."

Me: " You are fine? How's your parents? They are happy to see you back?"

Renna: " Yes. They are happy to see me, sir. Sir... sorry sir..."

Me: " It's ok. Don't say sorry. If so, I have to say sorry to you too. Are you angry with us?"

Renna:" No sir. Sorry sir."

Renna: " Sir, how's everything? How's Rayden? How's Mdm?"

Emotion flowing...

Me: " Everything's fine except that the house is abit messy... Just have to live with it I guess...As for Rayden and Mdm, they are fine too. Do you want to speak to them? Let's see if Rayden's sleeping yet"

Turning on the speaker...

Me:" Rayden, it's auntie Renna. Say hi."

Rayden:" Hi Auntie Renna! Why you are not here? Why you go home?"

I can hear Renna sobbing.

Renna: " Baby, how are you? What are you doing?"

Rayden: " Auntie Renna, why you not here? Why you go Philippine?"

Silence...

Me:" Auntie Renna must go home and visit her Papa Mama mah... It's been a long time since she has seen them?"

Renna:" Baby, what are you doing? Must be good boy ok?"

Rayden:" Auntie Renna, what are you doing? I building a house.." (stacking of pillows and bolsters)

Silence...

Me: " Ok lah, Renna. We will leave it like this. Just remember to let us know if there's anything. Take care... bye!"

Renna: " Bye..."

It ended like this. But, to me... I think it's good to hear that she's ok, her parents are fine and happy to see her. I finally can let it go.

No comments: