Saturday, June 03, 2006

Poly friends gathering

Last night was quite an experience for me. For once, I couldn't get into the Raffles City carpark. No choice but to park at the Esplanade. $4 per entry! Nama... this will be the last time I park there. After parking, I noticed I can walk to the Raffles City thru this CityLink Mall which was buzzing with life. Wow! It's being a while since I go shopping in town thus, it's kind of overwhelming. It seems more like City Jungle to me than a shopping mall. I thought: "How can so many people appear at the same place at the same time? No place to go is it?"

Anyway, the gathering is kind of alright... Realised Carlson was married (ROMed), Donald's wife pregnent and the EDD is same as my lady, Simon still looking for a full time job, currently still freelancing (he's a damn good website designer), Chris is still looking for a partner...etc. We were drinking at Boat Quay and enjoying each other's company and doing some catching up. Nobody mentioned about the lost of my little Ryanne. Anyway, it has been around 4 months since she has gone... time flies...

A little episode that I will put into this entry is that the pub that we are patronising has these tequila drink pushers (2 gorgeous ladies) who keep pushing their $5 per shot tequila promotions to us. (Imagine this: "$5 per shot? Anyone?" *wink* - what will you be thinking?) After we rejected them, and gave crappy excuses like: "we don't feel like being shot today", "we have enough of a drink already", "we are driving"... etc, they requested us to buy them the drinks instead! Omigosh! More crappy excuses: " Our wives have a tight budget on drinks", " our wives forbid us to buy drinks for other women"... finally, they left our table and move on to the AngMo's table next to us.

We have decided that the next gathering will be in Chris's den since nobody has been to his place and he has a whole cupboard of wine. So, 8th July is the date. And I really hope to see more of our poly friends this time!

No comments: