Friday, June 30, 2006

Digital Camera - down

I realised that my digital camera, a Canon Powershot A85, was not working well last night. The screen was flickering and the pictures taken was very purplished. So sad.

Went to the service centre located at Keppel Bay Tower (next to Habourfront). Quite a number of customers, around 20, I think, waiting in area. Kelvin whispered:" See... Canon's stuff not so good.. so many people!"

I took the queue number and I was served around 15mins later. "Ok lah, not so long" I thought. I was attented by a customer service (CS) lady at counter 7.

CS: " Good afternoon sir! How can I help?"
Hakkaboyz: "My camera spoilt leh! So sad!" I showed her by taking 1 shot - *click*.
CS:" Ok, the - something something- spoilt (i can't remember the exact technical term), we will replace it for free. We will deliver it back to you too, for free."
Hakkaboyz:"Huh? Common problem izzit?"
CS:" It's a manufacturer fault. They fail to take the Singapore's weather, hot and humid into consideration. This model was made in Japan"
Hakkaboyz:" What? Izzit? How come? Cannot be... Since the Japanese has been making good cars that can withstand Singapore's weather as compared to the European makers wat?" (My camera is actually made in Malaysia, by the way)
CS (Smiles): "Different lah... "
Hakkaboyz:" Ok, when can I get it back?"
CS:"We'll send it back to you in about 3wks time."
Hakkaboyz:" Huh? So long... Can I collect it myself, instead? Will that be faster?"
CS:" Sure, but it'll be at least 1 wk time."
(basket, deliver takes 3 wks, self collect, it takes 1 wk. Singapore that big meh?)
Hakkaboyz:"Ok... you guys will call me when it's repaired right?"
CS:" We'll send you a SMS instead"
Hakkaboyz:"Wah... high tech, what if I dun have handphone?" (cheekily, by this time, i'm actually not interested in the answer anymore.)
CS:" If that's the case, we will phone you loh."

No comments: