Friday, July 14, 2006

Tissues and umbrellas

Was at Amoy's street hawker center during lunch time and I have made a great discovery... that tissue papers and umbrellas are much more useful than they used to be. They're used for "choping" or booking sits. Hmm... how creative Singaporeans can be?

Oh...and yes, people are as rude as ever. I'm surprised that people no longer say: "Excuse me, is this sit taken?" or something similar. They will just drop their umbrellas and tissue papers and off they go to queue up at their favourite stalls. Either they are extremely hungry, or I look like an alien and no point asking this strange looking beast. And I'm talking about white collars, office executives... If it was raining at that time, I would have taken the umbrella and said: "Thanks!"

No comments: